Small Engine Service Technician
Full Time | Updated: 10/21/20
Within the spirit of “Making People’s Dreams Come True”, this position performs small engine service on gas and electric golf cars while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate estimate with Service Coordinator and customer.
- Plan work to maintain quality and safety.
- Raise golf car with hydraulic jack or hoist to gain access to mechanical units bolted to vehicle.
- Adjust points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps.
- Reassemble engines after repair or maintenance is complete.
- Log types of repairs made, time spent, and parts used.
- Obtain description of problem from customer and prepare cost estimates for repairs.
- Use diagnostic instruments to test and inspect engines to determine malfunctions, locate missing and broken parts, and verify repairs.
- Repair or replace defect parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors,
- Sell parts and equipment.
- Teach customer how to maintain equipment.
- Remove units such as engines and transmissions.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear.
- Reline and adjust brakes, align front end and repair or replace shock absorbers.
- Install and/or repair electric motors, battery systems, charging systems and accessories.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two (2) year college or technical school; or six (6) months to one (1) year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as printers, copiers and fax machines.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must remain professional, responsive and cooperative at all times and consistently produce quality work while meeting deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.