Engine Service Associate| Updated: 04/27/23
In the spirit of “Making Dreams Come True” an Engine Service Associate's responsibilities are to perform small engine service on gas and electric golf cars.
Positions available in multiple locations.
- Communicate estimate with appropriate person, Service Coordinator / Customer.
- Plans work procedure to maintain Quality and Safety.
- Raises cart, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
- Adjusts points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps, using feeler gauges.
- Reassembles engines after repair or maintenance work is complete.
- Records repairs made, time spent, and parts used.
- Obtains problem descriptions from customers and prepares cost estimates for repairs.
- Tests and inspects engines to determine malfunctions, to locate missing and broken parts, and to verify repairs, using diagnostic instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors, using hand tools.
- Sells parts and equipment as part of their job function.
- Shows customers how to maintain equipment.
- Removes units such as engine, transmission.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs, or replaces shock absorbers.
- Installs / repair Electric Motors, Battery systems, charging systems and accessories.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits for Full-Time eligible positions:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance | Basic Life & AD&D | Voluntary Life Insurance | HSA/FSA & 401k | PTO & Paid Holidays | The Villages® Charter School eligibility | and much more!