Service Technician| Updated: 10/18/23
Within the spirit of “Making People’s Dreams Come True”, this position performs service on gas and electric golf cars while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Located in Ocala
- Inspect and establish an estimate for work to be done on golf car.
- Communicate estimates with Service Coordinator and customer.
- Plan work procedure maintaining quality and safety.
- Raise golf car with hydraulic jack or hoist to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside.
- Remove units such as engine, transmission, or differential.
- Disassemble and inspect unit for wear.
- Repair or replace parts such as gears, valves, and bearings.
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rewire ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Reline and adjust brakes, align front end, repair, or replace shock absorbers.
- Replace and adjust headlights, and install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- Install or repair electric motors, battery systems, and charging systems.
Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must remain professional, responsible, and cooperative always and consistently produce quality work while meeting deadlines.
Benefits for Full-Time eligible positions:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance | Basic Life & AD&D | Voluntary Life Insurance | HSA/FSA & 401k | PTO & Paid Holidays | The Villages® Charter School eligibility | and much more!